Thursday, March 26, 2009

Photo Sharing


This week we covered photo sharing in our training. This is something that I have been using for a good while now. I like to search photo sites on the web for museum collections and other research. This allows me to see photos from museums and other places that I may never be able to see myself due to distance or rarity. This could also be good for documenting events at the library. I know that when I worked at Glen Allen we kept an online photo journal of the progress being made on the expansion work being done. I use Flickr quite a bit along with some general search sites and some specific photo sharing pages as well. For those who are interested in aircraft two of my favorite photo sites are http://www.airliners.net/ and http://airfighters.com/. These two sites have thousands of photos of aircraft from around the world. The photo posted with this blog entry came from airliners.net. The photo is of Fokker Dr.1 replicas built by a flying museum in New Zealand. The Fokkers all accurately represent planes flown in Richthofen's Jasta 11 during the First World War. They literally fly an entire squadron of Fokkers for airshows and other occasions. An impressive sight that I did not even know about until I found it on a photo sharing site.

No comments:

Post a Comment